Like everyone else out there, I have my times of weakness when it comes to food. The fact is, I LOVE FOOD! Yep, I ‘live to eat’ not ‘eat to live’! I’m always thinking about my next meal; what I’m going to cook if I haven’t made it already, what I need to buy from the shops, what days I’m going to go to Organic on Charles – my organic grocer (and my fave place as the two times I go each week I always get one of their superfood smoothies and a Loving Earth ‘luvju’ coconut mylk raw organic choccie)…a food lover I am indeedy!
The difference is though peeps, I mostly make smart choices. The reality is, I really do love eating healthy food! Don’t get me wrong, I often fantasize about eating Maggie Beer’s ice cream or grabbing a passion fruit & white choc muffin when I have a coffee, as like most people, that delectable, sweet taste in my mouth and ‘sugar high’ I get afterwards, is soooo enjoyable!
I’ve learned to think about how it’s going to make me feel later. Am I going to come crashing down from the insulin response? Is eating this way going to affect my body fat percentage? Am I going to feel like sh#t afterwards??? Yes, yes and YES!
So, I encourage you all to let these feelings of disappointment be more powerful than the few minutes of pleasure from your sweet indulgence. And please don’t forget, I’m not suggesting to NEVER eat your favourite foods ever again, as thinking this could lead to a massive binge you will definitely regret, I’m merely recommending making smart, healthy choices as often as possible and to leave the sweet stuff for your treat meal once a week.
To help guide you in the right direction, a few weeks ago I announced I would be writing a couple of meal plans – a 7 day ‘get lean’ plan and a 7 day ‘maintenance’ plan. These are tasters to a more extended wellness plan I will write at a later date. These plans are now available…just click here!
Below is a sneak peek into what you will find in the maintenance plan
- Two hard boiled eggs with wilted spinach and smoked salmon (no toast)
- 2 glasses purified water, 1 short mac
- LWER superfood berry buzz smoothie:
• 1-2 cups Almond Milk (homemade)
• 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
• 1 tbsp Bee Pollen
• ½ cup frozen blueberries
• 1 tbsp goji berries
- Chicken Salad:
• 150g grilled chicken that has been marinaded in fresh herbs, lemon juice & olive oil (add extra & use as dressing)
• leafy lettuce
• 1/2 an avo
• chopped cucumber
• chopped capsicum
- ‘mini meal’
• 100g of above chicken & 1/2 cucumber
- Salmon steak oven-baked in foil with lemon, dill, celtic sea salt & black pepper, served with steamed broccolini & a dollop of organic butter
- 2 tablespoons of organic full-cream greek yoghurt w/ a sprinkle of mixed spice
- herbal tea
- 1.5-2.5L depending on body weight